TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- KCR Takes Oath As Telangana Chief Minister
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- India vs Australia, 2nd Test: Preview, Where To Watch, Timing, Squads & More
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Today, Internet search engine giant Google will officially announce its first set of Android One devices in India. This is the global launch of the official Android One initiative as a whole.
As far as the smartphone makers that will be participating in today's Delhi based Google event are concerned, they would be Spice, Micromax, and Karbonn. More participants could be announced today. Thus, we can at least expect a three Android One smartphones today.
Recommended: 5 Awesome iOS 8 Features Apple Forgot to Mention at Launch
Anyways, to make the entire event for those who wouldn't be watching live, GizBot will be reporting from the event directly via live blogging below.
Also, an interesting thing about today's event is that this is the first time, Android chief Sundar Pichai will be hitting the stage to unveil the new devices in a couple of hours from now. An India-born senior vice-president of Google, first unveiled Android One during his keynote address at Google's annual event in San Francisco in June 2014.
Via Android One program, Google offers manufacturers to customize the operating system and other software and lets them bundle it with Google's own services such as its search engine.
The Android One program would cement Google's position in the low-cost smartphone segment for the "next billion" users, especially in developing countries like India.
The event will kick off at 11:30 AM IST and you can follow up with the updates below: