TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Inside Story Of How Siddaramaiah Led The Operation Against Operation Lotus
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- 10 Interesting Facts Of The Indian Budget
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Six Important Things That Make You Lucky And Happy
- Visit Yanam — The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- This Is The Craziest Thing Ranveer Has Done For Deepika
Looks like Google and Asus are going to be joining forces again, as rumors of an upcoming successor to the Nexus 7 is in the air. Nexus 7 which was developed by Asus was quite successful in the market and hence, there will be no surprise in Google keeping Asus on-board for next-generation 7-inch tablet, as-well.
According to Digitimes the engineering samples of the successor are already toggling around and the sources suggest that, the next generation-tablet will have the same price as it's predecessor. Also, the device will receive several upgrades including a display with Full HD resolution and an industrial design with a thinner display boarder.
The tablet will also come with an enhanced version of Jelly Bean on-board to improve software and hardware integration, added the report. Digitimes also reported that the company's first and second generation Nexus 7s are expected to reach 10 million units by the end of this year.
The Nexas 7 is currently the highest selling Android-tablet and is expected to surpass six million units by the end of January. Lets have a quick look at the smartphone's specifications. Google Nexus 7 sports a 7 inch 10 point multi-touch IPS display with 1280 x 800 resolution, quad core 1.2GHz Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS (upgradeable to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean), 1GB RAM, 16GB/32GB internal storage, 1.2MP front camera, WiFi, Bluetooth, 4,325 mAh battery and NFC connectivity.
Although, no information is available on the full specifications of the second-generation Nexus 7, however, it will definitely have updated specs as compared to the predecessor and will boast features like full HD display, powerful processor and more. Regarding release date, reports are estimating that the Mountain View Valley tech firm will unwrap the second-generation Nexus 7 tablet at the upcoming Google I/O 2013 conference.