TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Ananth Kumar Passes Away: PM Narendra Modi Flies Down To Bangalore
- Here Are all The Upcoming Smartphone Launches For The Month Of November 2018
- Maruti Electric Cars From E-Trio Automobiles: Electric Alto And WagonR
- Nick Jonas Bachelor's Party: New Pictures Emerge
- How To Turn Any Financial Crisis Into A Profit Making Opportunity?
- Migrane? Here Is a List Of Diseases Linked To Migraine
- Must-know Interesting Facts About Kochi
- ICC rankings: Kuldeep, Dhawan & Hafeez Move Up The Charts
Thanks to a string of leaks (mainly from the FCC), the design, specifications and other details on Google's upcoming Nexus 5 have been confirmed over the last week. Google has also announced the name of its next Android OS as KitKat, but has not provided any additional information on it. All that remains is a good old fashioned launch event from the company. AusDroid have it from an anonymous source that Google plans to officially unveil Android 4.4 KitKat operating system and the Nexus 5 on October 14.
Even though we can't confirm the accuracy of the information, the dates make sense since Google announced its Nexus 4 and Galaxy Nexus during the month of October in 2012 and 2011. Since there's a set product cycle for the Nexus Handsets, we're sure that Google will make the announcement on October 14th. There have been no updates on the successor for the Nexus 10, but we're certain some kind of announcement will be made during the same time.
The insider tip also provides the following information. The features Android 4.4 include :
Firmware availability to older phones
Fragmentation changes (screen resizing)
New Gallery Visualization
New APIs regarding animations
Change android default blue to other preset palette colours
New notification widgets
Since the list of features rumored to arrive along with Android 4.4 KitKat aren't radical , it looks like Google won't be rolling out a complete redesign of the Android OS. But then, these details will remain as rumors until Google makes its announcement.