TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Shivakumara Swamiji No More — CM Declares Holiday
- India's Richest Got Richer By 39% In 2018 While The Poorest Saw Just 3% Rise
- WhatsApp Limits Message-Forwarding To Five Chats
- URI Enters 100 Crore Club; To Be Remade In Three Languages
- 2019 Yamaha FZ & FZ-S V3.0 Models Launched In India
- MS Dhoni Has A Chance To Break This Sachin Tendulkar Record In New Zealand
- Hodal — Your Ultimate Guide To Haryana's Least Explored Part
- Madhuri Dixit Nene Has A Pretty Humble Office Wear Idea For Us
Recently, XDA Developer forum announced that android experts in the forum have figured out a way to estimate the production of Android smartphones. The estimation is done based on the IMEI number of each device shipped by the manufacturing company. Reportedly, a post came up in the XDA forum recently, claiming that the production of LG Nexus 4 smartphones has crossed one million, since November last year.
By the end of 2012, the estimate was that about 400000 LG Nexus 4 handsets were shipped. The 999,998th Nexus 4 handset was reportedly sold in Turkey according to XDA. This is questionable as Google Play presently doesn't offer the handset in that market. Nevertheless, the much hyped post in XDA, notes that the device stored in Turkey was black and was produced on the 5th of February.
Google's Nexus 4 devices, manufactured by LG have been reportedly going out of stock in many markets around the world. However, neither Google nor LG have made comments on the matter yet.
Members of the XDA forum have also calculated that the handset peaked in production on the month of January, shipping more than 500,000 units. The smartphone powered by a quad core processor runs in the Jelly Bean version of the android OS. With this specification, its demands can only be assumed, unless LG or Google are willing to shed more light on this topic. The handset is presently out for sale only in 7 markets which include the USA, Australia, France, Spain, Germany, the UK and Canada.