TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Indian GSM operators added 44lakh new customers in September, taking their cumulative customer base to 67.88 crore. These numbers come from new data published by Cellular operators Association of India (COAI). In comparison with growth in August 2013, there was an increase of 0.65 per cent.
However, the released data does not include numbers of Reliance Communications and Tata Teleservices as they are not members of COAI.
Idea Celluar, which was easily that biggest gainer, added about 12.07 lakh new customers in September, taking its total customer base to 12.72 crore. Following closely was Vodafone, who added 12.05 lakh new customers, taking its total to 15.55 crore in the reported month.
Airtel added about 11.6 lakh new customers during the month, further cementing its position as the market leader with total mobile subscriber base of 19.33 crore customers. Aircel and Uninor went on to add about 6.4 lakh and 1 lakh customers respectively.
Talking about state run entities, MTNL lost about 90,000 mobile users during the month, while BSNL reported no significant change in customer base numbers.
Videocon continues to be the fastest growing operator, with a growth of about 11 percent in September, that allowed it to reach 32.4 lakh customers.