TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Indian GSM operators added 44lakh new customers in September, taking their cumulative customer base to 67.88 crore. These numbers come from new data published by Cellular operators Association of India (COAI). In comparison with growth in August 2013, there was an increase of 0.65 per cent.
However, the released data does not include numbers of Reliance Communications and Tata Teleservices as they are not members of COAI.
Idea Celluar, which was easily that biggest gainer, added about 12.07 lakh new customers in September, taking its total customer base to 12.72 crore. Following closely was Vodafone, who added 12.05 lakh new customers, taking its total to 15.55 crore in the reported month.
Airtel added about 11.6 lakh new customers during the month, further cementing its position as the market leader with total mobile subscriber base of 19.33 crore customers. Aircel and Uninor went on to add about 6.4 lakh and 1 lakh customers respectively.
Talking about state run entities, MTNL lost about 90,000 mobile users during the month, while BSNL reported no significant change in customer base numbers.
Videocon continues to be the fastest growing operator, with a growth of about 11 percent in September, that allowed it to reach 32.4 lakh customers.