TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
If you are a hardcore HTC fan, then this new report is set bring you a lot of joy. Especially if you are looking to invest on a HTC-made handset. According to reports, HTC has officially spoken out on its upcoming Desirte 820 handset that's set to arrive with a 64-bit octa-core SoC.
The new Desire 820 from HTC, set to be the company's first ever handset with a 64-bit octa-core SoC, was confirmed via Chinese social networking website Weibo after the Taiwanese firm posted a couple of images teasing the smartphone.
As you may expect, details are few and far for the new handset. However, HTC has indeed mentioned that the Desire 820 is set to be showcased on September 4 at a pre-IFA 2014 event. But this is not before the firm teased the smartphone's IFA launch last week in a different image.
As we mentioned before, there are two new images that have been posted to mention about the potential existence of the handset. The first image among them shows off all the specs that are making their debut via the new handset -- first Android phone, first 1080p phone, first f/2.0 camera aperture and more.
The second one, however, is even more interesting as it shows what appears to be the front-facing camera, just near to the front-facing speaker grill. The short text that's accompanying the second teaser image also claims that this is the "world's first octa-core 64-bit phone."
HTC is yet to give away details about the device's processor. However, going by an image posted on the Qualcomm's Weibo account, the HTC Desire 820 will be the first Android smartphone to use its octa-core 64-bit Snapdragon 615 chipset.
However, for the time being, all roads lead to the upcoming IFA. And IFA is where we can be sure for the first time if the handset will indeed sport such specs. Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!