TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
In recent times when the smartphone domain is ruled by the likes of Android and iOS, it can be quite difficult for others in the race such as BlackBerry OS and Windows Phone to actually find some kind of ground to actually impose their dominance. However, a brand new revelation regarding the same could just be the answer.
According to reports, in a recently held Reddit AMA session, several HTC employees confirmed that the company's previously released 8X Windows Phone handset will be receiving future firmware updates, hence indicating the fact that the company is currently working with Microsoft to bring Windows Phone 8.1 to the device.
Windows Phone 8.1, which is also known as Windows Phone Blue, is basically the upcoming set of updates for the Windows Phone platform that are expected to be pushed out in April.
On asked via the AMA whether HTC is "done with Windows Phone," one of the employees (the panel included Martin Fichter - Vice President Product Management, Mohammed Versi - Executive Director, Product Management and Leigh Momii - Product Manager) responded:
"To say 'done with Windows Phone' is a pretty blanket statement. I don't think a company such as ourselves can ever say that point blank. As strong partners of Microsoft, we're working with Microsoft on the Blue update on Windows Phone 8X and will continue to take new products into consideration. Nothing concrete right now, but who knows!"
While nothing can be said with enough assurance at the moment regarding the same, it's indeed quite rare to hear companies directly coming out in the open and confirming the presence of upcoming updates.