- 2 hrs ago How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- 4 hrs ago Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- 5 hrs ago OnePlus 7 Vs OnePlus 7 Pro – Which One Should You Buy?
- 14 hrs ago Airtel Upgrades 4G Network In J&K: Here Are The Details
- Movies Sunny Deol: Shahrukh Khan Was SCARED Of Me Because He Was Wrong; Didn't Talk To Him For 16 Years
- News Bihar: 84 children die within 2 weeks due to acute Encephalitis in Muzaffarpur
- Sports Rumour Has It: Bayern offer Bale escape from Madrid
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
HTC Desire 316: 5 Inch Quad-Core Smartphone Goes Official in China
In 2014, smartphone growth is expected to slow down as the devices start to reach a saturation point in North America and other developed countries. So the handset manufacturers are eyeing other markets like China, Brazil and India to make some profit.
HTC, best known for premium devices, is more concerned about producing low-cost Android smartphones to increase its footprint in China.
After making the Desire 816 and Desire 610 official in China, HTC today introduced yet another affordable quad-core phone in the land of the dragon. Yes, the long awaited HTC Desire 316 finally goes official in China. HTC's China website is already listing the phone up on their official page, which means the device will go on sale anytime soon.
The HTC Desire 316 is a special variant of the existing Desire 516. The phone comes with a 5-inch qHD (960 x 540) display and a quad-core processor under the hood.
The Android 4.3 Jelly Bean powered phone is clearly a low-end handset targeted at millions of Chinese youth. The handset measures 9.7mm thick and weighs approximately 160grams.
On the processing side, it is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 processor coupled with 512MB of RAM and 4GB of internal memory, which can be expandable via a microSD card slot. The makers have added a 1,950mAh battery. There's also a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera and a VGA quality front-facing camera.
Unfortunately, there is no word on when exactly this phone will launch or at what price the device will cost. Going by its specs sheet, the HTC Desire 316 should be fairly cheap. As of now, this device is limited to China release only.
Just a day back, HTC launched the Desire 310 Dual SIM into India. Priced at Rs. 11,700, the phone features a 4.5-inch FWVGA (854 x 480 pixels) display, 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek processor, 512MB of RAM , 4GB of internal memory, a microSD card slot, 5-megapixel rear-facing camera, VGA quality front-facing shooter, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, 2,000mAh battery , 3G, Wi-Fi, A-GPS and more.