- 3 hrs ago Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- 3 hrs ago Tata Sky Broadband Launches Unlimited Plans To Challenge Reliance Jio GigaFiber
- 3 hrs ago Flipkart Big Shopping Days Is Back – Best Deals On Smartphones
- 5 hrs ago Amazon Prime Day Sale: Lowest Prices Ever On Hard Drives And MicroSD Cards
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- News Chandrayaan-1 too faced glitch before launch: former ISRO chief
- Automobiles 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- Movies Aditi Prabhudeva Says Her Hit Song Shane Top Agavle Represents Girl’s Point Of View
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Finance Ways To Tide Over Month-End Financial Crisis Situation
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
HTC Desire Eye Vs Apple iPhone 6: A Probable David vs Goliath?
Apple iPhone 6 has already arrived in India, and it's selling really well, as per early reports. The iPhone 6 is now available for sale in the country with prices starting upwards of Rs. 53,500, making it a super premium handset. Buying an iPhone 6 will remain a dream for many.
The HTC Desire Eye, on the other hand, is a premium mid-end handset that runs on Google's Android mobile OS. In fact last week HTC had revealed that the dvice would be available in late November exclusively on Amazon India. Pricing will be announced ahead of market availability. The new Desire Eye, as we know, has awesome dual cameras.
So we've decided to compare both handsets in respect of specifications and available features. Does the HTC Desire Eye match up to the Apple iPhone 6? Let's find out.
HTC Desire Eye Vs Apple iPhone 6: Design
The iPhone 6 is certainly better looking in terms of design. It's also thinner and lighter than the HTC Desire Eye at 6.9 mm and 129 g compared to 8.5 mm and 154 g. The HTC Desire Eye is just as plastic as previous models in the Desire series.
HTC Desire Eye Vs Apple iPhone 6: Screen
The iPhone 6 now has got a 4.7-inch display which is up from the previous generation models. The phone uses a LED-backlit IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 750 x 1334 pixels with 326ppi.
The HTC Desire Eye, meanwhile, has a large screen, measuring 5.2-inches, which makes it a killer handset. The screen supports the highest resolution - 1,920 x 1080 with 424ppi.
HTC Desire Eye Vs Apple iPhone 6: Software
The iPhone 6 will come pre-loaded with iOS 8. Meanwhile the HTC Desire Eye runs Android 4.4 KitKat with HTC's Sense 6.0 UI. The iPhone 6 is bound to get latest iOS updates in the near future. However, the same cannot be said about the Desire Eye.
HTC Desire Eye Vs Apple iPhone 6: Processor, Storage and Connectivity
With the iPhone 6, Apple has introduced its new A8 chip which it claims has 25 % more CPU power and 50 % better efficiency than the A7. Apple doesn't state the amount of RAM but it could be 1GB. The iPhone 6 is available in 16, 64 and 128GB capacities.
The HTC Desire Eye, on the other hand, is powered by a quad-core processor based on a Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset and using Adreno 330 GPU. The device has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of native storage space and a microSD card support, up to 128GB.
Both handsets support all major 4G, 2G, and 3G frequency bands. Both have 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS connectivity options.
HTC Desire Eye Vs Apple iPhone 6: Camera
The Desire Eye, which is a "selfie" centered camera phone houses 13MP front camera with dual LED Flash. The device Eye impresses with its 13.MP rear camera.
Apple has stuck with an 8Mp iSight camera on the iPhone 6, although it does now have phase detection autofocus, digital image stabilization and slo-mo video at 240fps. The iPhone 6 has a 1.2MP resolution Facetime HD camera which is limited to 720p video.
HTC Desire Eye Vs Apple iPhone 6: Battery, Price and Verdict
The Desire Eye has a large 2,600mAh battery, while Apple promises up to 14 hours of talk time (3G) on the iPhone 6.
Users can immediately buy the iPhone 6, starting at Rs. 53,500, while the Desire Eye is not available in India just yet.
On paper the HTC Desire Eye is a lot more powerful than the iPhone 6. The specs suggest that it's twice as powerful but still need to test both handsets. In real world, the iPhone 6 seemed to be a better option. But one thing you should remember is that the iPhone 6 will cost a lot more than the Desire Eye.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!