TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
HTC Butterfly S Successor, GLU2 To Launch Soon With Premium Specs
It seems like the Mobile World Congress 2014 was not enough for the Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC. The latest leaks suggest that the company will launch one more device along with the earlier rumored "The All New One" aka the M8 smartphone sometime soon.
The new one is supposedly called by the codename GLU2 and is reportedly said to be the successor of the company's old Butterfly S smartphone. Also the device could have a close connection with the company's M8 as both come with a somewhat similar hardware.
The news in fact comes from a Japanese site called the htcsoku.info which has listed down the specs of the device along with the image. According to the leak, the GLU2 smartphone would come with a support for CDMA2000 connectivity. While in terms of Availability the device is said to come to Japan via the network of wireless carrier KDDI.
As said earlier, the device shares most of its specs with the HTC M8 device. Thus we could be talking about the same 5.2-inch touchscreen display with full HD resolution. While report coming from gforgames says that the display will be from SHARP, most probably IGZO.
It would be powered by a powerful 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 is one of the latest chipsets in the market. Android 4.4.x KitKat along with the company's own Sense 6 UI will obviously be there.
The device will likely be launched in two variants depending on the internal storage capacity, which include 16GB or 32GB. There would also be a microSD card slot for memory expansion. Also the company's unique hardware, a 5MP UltraPixel dual-camera on the back would be added to the device. On the other hand, speculations are that the device would also pack a massive 5MP front facing shooter as well. It would likely be powered by a 3000 mAh battery.
So far, the company has not formally spoken about the device as of now. While in terms of availability, the successor of the Butterfly S smartphone might get unveiled only after the official announcement of "The All New One".
Stay tuned to GizBot for more update!