TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
At CES 2013, Huawei has quenched enough of spotlight with the launch of massive screen outperforming devices Ascend Mate and Ascend D2 based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and not to forget, Ascend W1 running on Windows Phone 8.
Back in August 2012, at the IFA event, the Chinese smartphone maker unveiled a plethora of devices including smartphones and tablets. Now, it looks like one of the handsets - Ascend G600 is about to hit the retail shelves of the Indian market by the end of this month.
The handset has been spotted at online retailer site - Flipkart for pre-order with a price tag of Rs 14,990. Further, from the listing, it is evident that Ascend G600 will be released into the market during the third week of this month.
Speaking of specifications, Ascend G600 packs a 4.5 inch qHD capacitive touchscreen display, 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 768MB RAM, 4GB internal storage, micro SD card slot supporting up to 32GB additional storage, 8MP rear camera, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS, Wi-Fi, micro USB 2.0 and a 1,930 mAh battery.
Huawei Ascend G600 -- A Big Threat to Samsung Galaxy S Duos?
Analyzing the specifications and pricing of Huawei Ascend G600, it look like it is a mid-range offering that is mainly focused in taking over the handsets that fall in that segment.
When it comes to Samsung, a dominant player in the smartphone arena, Galaxy S Duos priced at Rs 14,900 could be a rival to the upcoming Huawei smartphone.
As far as specifications are concerned, Galaxy S Duos smartphone houses a 4 inch capacitive touchscreen display with 480 x 800 pixel resolution. Running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, the handset is equipped with a 1GHz processor, 5MP rear camera, VGA front camera, 4GB internal memory, 768MB RAM, a micro SD card slot supporting up to 32GB and 1,500 mAh Li-ion battery.
From a brief spec comparison, it is clear that Ascend G600 has a slightly faster processor, a larger display, better camera and an increased battery backup as compared to the Samsung offering. However, Galaxy S Duos comes at a relatively lesser price tag and dual SIM support.