TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine
Back in October, Chinese smartphone manufacturer, Huawei launched its slimmest handset in India. Now the rumors are that the company is planning to release the Android 4.4 KitKat update to the device in January 2014.
Initially when the device was announced and released back in June this year, it came packed with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. The handset received an accolade as well for being one of the slimmest device in the world measuring just 6.18mm. However, the only problem in the handset was the over-heating.
It was speculated that the problem was due to its slim factor and older generation quad-core processor. But the company has not spoken about the complaints so far.
Perhaps the owners with the complaints about the handset, could be satisfied with the latest version of Android update. Moreover, along with the Android KitKat Update, the company is also said to bring about the new version of their proprietary Emotion UI to the device.
Talking about the features of the Android KitKat, it brings Project Svelte UI optimizations, bigger UI icons, removes the widgets from the app drawer, new Hangouts SMS/MMS/Gtalks unified hub, new Email app, new Phone app with nearby search and more. It even lowers the hardware requirements for the Android OS.
Thus we could be looking at the Ascend P6 with all these new features. Sadly, there is no information about whether the update will roll out globally at a time or it will be released phase-wise.