TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Huawei has already promised to launch an octa core handset called Ascend P6S soon in the global market. And the company has also announced its latest handset called Ascend W2 which features Windows Phone OS. However, this is not the first time the handset has been seen but it was first showcased back in June at the Mobile Asia Expo 2013.
The newly announced Ascend W2 is in fact a successor to the company's previously launched Ascend W1. These are the only two Windows Phone 8 devices from the company so far.
Talking about the specs of the new handset, it comes with a 4.3-inch IPS WVGA LCD display offering a resolution of 480x800 pixels with TFT Magic Touch technology.
Powering the handset is a dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor clocked to 1.4GHz and is also supported by 512MB of RAM.
It comes with an 8GB of inbuilt storage. There is a 5-megapixel rear camera aswell. The device sadly lacks a microSD card slot and a front facing camera. In the connectivity front you can see WiFi and Bluetooth features.
The Ascend W2 packs a 1700mAh battery, and will be available in four color variants, Black, Blue, Red and Yellow. Much like other Windows Phone 8 smartphones, the Ascend W2 comes with 7GB of free SkyDrive cloud storage.
After looking at the specs of the handset, it can be said an entry level Windows Phone 8 device. Thus it will compete with Lumia 520 which is Nokia's entry level Windows Phone handset. If compared with Android, there are ample number of device that will stand against this device.
The company has announced saying that the device will be available in Russia and Netherlands from November, while the other markets would follow in time. The company says that the device would come to India soon but fails to disclose the exact date of availability and even the price of the handset remains to be a mystery.