TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Row: All-party Meet Inconclusive; Will Stick To SC Order, Says CM Vijayan
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles India Launch
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- India Tour Of Australia: Ganguly Reveals Why Virat Kohli And Team Have The Best Chance To Beat Australia
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- India Beach Fashion Week: Swara Bhasker's Attire Is About Giving Festive Wear A Breezy Touch
- Wonderful Beaches In And Around Kanyakumari That Are Worth Exploring
We have seen Huawei bragging about its forthcoming Windows Phone 8 handset for quite some time now. At the ongoing Mobile Asia Expo in China, the makers behind Ascend 6 finally got time to reveal their new flagship Windows Phone 8 handset. The Huawei Ascend W2 is a successor to Ascend W1, which was launched back in January at CES 2013.
The Huawei Ascend W2 is a mid-end Windows phone. The specifications are not great, when compared to the likes of Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One or Nokia Lumia 920 for that matter. The Ascend W3 packs a 4.3-inch IPS display with resolution of 480 x 800 pixels.
It comes with 1.4GHz dual-core processor coupled with 512MB of RAM and 8GB of onboard storage (expandable up to 32GB via microSD card). You also find an 8-mega pixel rear facing camera. There is a removable 1,700mAh Li Ion battery inside. The phone will be available in dual SIM version. Its release date is restricted to China, as of now.
At the official launch of Ascend Mate in India, we interacted with Victor Shan, President, india Device Business Department, Huawei. Mr. Victor told us that the company is planning to bring an affordable Windows Phone 8 handset in India. The phone will be priced at Rs. 10,000. It should hit Indian market in August. We are not aware about the specifications. Here's an excerpt from the original story.
"But if we are not wrong, possibilities are that Huawei might launch Ascend W1 in India, which was announced earlier this year at CES 2013. On this, GizBot confirmed the same from the official, asking whether the device shares any similarity to Ascend W1 in terms of specifications. Victor Shan told GizBot that "the phone would be better than W1."
So, there is a possibility to see Huawei Ascend W2 to land in India this August. If the Ascend W2 cost consumers Rs. 10,000 then it could sell in huge numbers. The Nokia Lumia 520, which comes with similar internal specifications, is priced around Rs. 10,000 in the Indian market. Stay tuned to GizBot.