TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
Huawei Ascend D2 had seen a quiet launch in China and now a press shot of the device is doing the rounds. A global launch of the device is scheduled to happen soon, with the most likely venue being CES 2013 happening in January, according to rumors.
The press shot shows that the Ascend D2 has a 5 inch display of 1080p and also a new skin that Huawei would be using with its Android phones. The new skin is called Emotion UI. The UI is expected to reflect the Huawei character in the company's upcoming Android smartphones.
The device packs the company's own quad core processor, the 1.5 GHz K3V CPU along with a rear-facing camera of 13 megapixel and a huge 3,000 mAh battery. Under the Emotion UI, the Ascend D2 is expected to support Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Fingers are crossed that the company would elevate it to Android 4.2.
It is still unknown which carriers would be obtaining the Ascend D2 or the pricing of the smartphone. Even the markets targeted for release are unknown. The tentative dates of the release of the smartphone have been given by Huawei executives in services like Twitter.
Apart from the expected launch of Ascend D2 at the CES 201, Huawei's Ascend W1 is also expected to be launched. W1 will run Windows Phone 8. It is fervently hoped that the company has resolved the several issues regarding CPU manufacturing and will bring these two smartphones out into the market on the expected dates.