TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
According to the reports from Wireless Smartphone Strategies, Huawei has come up from 4th place to the 3rd, beating LG in terms of global market share. Thus the company is a star performer as its global shipments of devices grew 67 percent annually and 12.7 million units' shipment in Q3 2013. It also captured 5 percent marketshare and became the world's third largest smartphone vendor beating LG which was previously occupying the position.
Globally, the smartphone business has been growing in an aggressive manner. However, markets which are scattered all over the several countries is in fact dominated by the South Korean Samsung while Apple is another one which is second top dominator.
The Wireless Smartphone Strategies (WSS) report also said that the global smartphone shipments grew 45 percent annually to reach a record of 251 million units in the third quarter of 2013. Samsung captured a record 35 percent share of all smartphone volumes worldwide, while Huawei jumped into third place in the rankings leaving LG behind at fourth place.
Global smartphone shipments grew 45 percent annually from 172.8 million units in Q3 2012 to 251.4 million in Q3 2013. This was the first time ever that smartphone shipments exceeded a quarter-billion units in a single quarter.
To compare the two giants, Samsung grew 55 percent annually and shipped a record 88.4 million smartphones worldwide, capturing a record 35 percent marketshare in Q3 2013. While Apple shipped 33.8 million iPhones worldwide in Q3 2013 leaving it on the same 2nd place.