TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Huawei Windows Phone 8 Coming on September 25 to Compete with Samsung, Nokia
With the Windows Phone 8 rumored to be released in late October, many handset manufacturers are coming up with their products that will run on the latest iteration of the OS.
After unveiling a series of Android smartphones and tablets - Ascend D1 Quad XL, Ascend G600, Ascend G330, Ascend Y201 Pro, Huawei MediaPad 10 FHD and MediaPad 7 Lite at the IFA 2012 in Berlin, the Chinese handset vendor is reportedly planning to uncover a Windows Phone 8 smartphone as soon as next week.
According to the newest report by WMPoweruser, a Chinese website, Winp.cn has posted details about the Huawei's Windows Phone 8 handset. The handset will be dubbed as Ascend W1 and will come in different color options including black, blue, white and pink.
Moreover, the report suggests that the handset will be released in several markets including United States, Europe and China in November or December for a price tag of $310 (approx. Rs 17,000). Also, it went stating that Huawei will be unveiling the Ascend W1 on September 25.
Furthermore, there is no information about the specifications and price of the Ascend W1 smartphone.
Coming to the competition factor, Huawei is one of the four manufacturers that are approved by Microsoft to work on its Windows Phone 8 OS. Already, Samsung and Nokia have come up with their Windows smartphones – Ativ S, Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 while HTC is slated to unveil Accord at a press conference on September 19 in New York.
This makes clear that Huawei is the last one the list to announce its handsets running on the Windows Phone 8 OS. With that said, will Huawei pose a threat to the others? Do the other major smartphone manufacturers – Samsung, Nokia and HTC need to worry?