TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
Do you own an HTC smartphone? If yes, you might be eagerly waiting for the brand to update your smartphone to the latest version of Android. The devices in the One series, come with the Android ICS operating system out of the box. But the rest of the devices are yet to be updated to the latest Android OS.
In March, we reported that the brand is planning to roll out the ICS update to several handsets. Click here to see the list of HTC smartphones getting the Android ICS update. But, the company did not leak out any clue on when it will start the updating its products.
Now, HTC has listed the handsets that will receive the current Android OS. Interestingly, it has also specified when the smartphones will receive the makeover. Here is the list as per the official post.
- March to June: HTC Vivid, HTC Velocity 4G, HTC Sensation XL, HTC Sensation XE, HTC Sensation 4G, HTC Sensation, HTC EVO 4G+ and HTC Amaze 4G
- June to July: HTC Rhyme, HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible S, HTC EVO Design 4G, HTC EVO 3D, HTC Desire S
- July to August: HTC Thunderbolt and HTC Desire HD
This makes it evident that most smartphones launched by HTC in 2011 are getting updated to ICS. The only one left is the Droid Incredible 2. HTC has also listed those devices that will not receive the Android ICS update. They state that the optimal user experience is important and so some phones will remain at the current Android OS that they are using.
This includes HTC Salsa, HTC ChaCha, HTC Explorer, HTC Wildfire S and others. Even the tablets like Flyer, EVO View 4G and Jetstream will use the same OS version (Honeycomb). However, these devices will still receive technical support, security fixes and software improvements.