- News TMC worker Nirmal Kundu's murder: Accused arrested from Chhattisgarh
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: West Indies Vs Bangladesh: Preview, where to watch, timing, probable XI
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
India Has Highest Number of Smartwatch Owners Globally: Survey
Tech-savvy Indians have emerged as the most hooked on to gadgets globally with as many as 95 percent finding their smartphones "critically important" while 75 percent use their smartphone or tablet to book a hotel, says a survey by leading online travel firm Expedia.
"The findings clearly suggest an increasing dependency on the mobile platform. 95 percent Indian respondents feel that their smartphone is very or of critical importance to their daily life," Vikram Malhi, MD, Asia, Expedia said.
He further said that Indians lead in app booking and data roaming plans globally. "In fact, 75 percent of Indians who have used their smartphone or tablet to book a hotel have booked a hotel stay using a mobile app (the highest of any country), he said.
The survey highlights the maturation of Indian traveller who is fast moving up the ladder of travel apps and is no longer hooked with conventional modes of bookings, the findigs said.
This survey was conducted from August 25 to September 17, this year among 8,856 employed adults aged 18 years of age and older across 25 countries. The research further said that India has the second highest number of Google Glass owners at six percent after South Korea at eight percent.
Google Glass is a type of wearable technology, developed by Google with the mission of producing a mass-market ubiquitous computer. India, it further said, has the highest number of smartwatch owners globally, with 18 percent of them owning/using the device.
The survey also says that 85 percent of Indians currently have and use a laptop - fourth highest in the world after Denmark (89 percent), Austria (86 percent ) and Norway (86 percent), it said.
Indians rank second highest in carrying laptops with them on leisure trips (47 percent ) after UAE (48 percent), the survey says.
"India ranked fifth in number of people saying they always bring their smartphone with them on leisure trips, with 88 percent of Indians who have at least one mobile device saying they always travel with their smartphone on leisure trips, and 38 percent say they always travel with a tablet," it says.