TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Intel has announced the release of Yolo smartphone in collaboration with Safaricom in Kenya ahead of XOLO X500 smartphone release in India. This product is regarded as the first smartphone from Intel in Africa. Even though both of these smartphones runs on Lexington platform, certain customizations have been made according to the region.
However, Yolo stole the credit of being the first commercial device to be built on Lexington platform. Intel introduced this platform in the recent Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
Yolo comes up with a price of Kshs. 10,999 (Rs.6, 800 approx). The product particularly targets the customers who buy smartphones for the first time and those who are concerned about their budget. It will be available from tomorrow along with 500 MB data (for free). The processor used in this smartphone is Atom Z2420 with a CPU speed of 1.2GHz. Apart from that, this phone has 3.5 inch screen having HVGA display.
The General Manager of Consumer Business Unit in Safaricom stated that Yolo will redefine the smartphone expectations of a cost-conscious Kenyan. The real breakthrough of this product is that it can balance the price and performance in a unique way. Hence, it is expected that this product will receive warm reception from the customers in Kenya.
This Intel-based smartphone holds a rear camera having 5MP clarity. It supports HSPA+ connectivity and microSD card. In addition to that, it possesses a RAM of about 512MB and FM Radio. This mobile device runs on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) platform. The battery used in this device has a capacity of 1500 mAh.