TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dharwad Building Collapse: 1 Dead, 40 Feared Trapped; BSF Joins Rescue Ops
- Joker In The Pack: Team India May Use Vijay Shankar As Surprise Element At No.4 In World Cup 2019
- Harley-Davidson Launches Two New Models In India
- Google Pay Now Lets Users Book Train Tickets Directly Without Additional Charges
- GST On Real Estate: New Tax Transition Plan Approved
- Vidyut Jammwal: Junglee Is A Must Watch For Families & Kids!
- Her Fake Braces Did This To Her!
- Explore The Laid-Back Trails Of Panaji, Goa
iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S Prices Slashed Again in India with iPhone 5 Release on Horizon
Apple had slashed the price of iPhone 4 8GB and iPhone 4S 16GB versions last week. The price of the iPhone 4 8GB version was slashed to Rs. 28,300 and that of the iPhone 4S 16GB version was slashed to Rs. 41,500. However there are reports which suggest that Apple is slashing the prices of these devices further to accommodate a market opening for its new iPhone 5. As per the reports, Apple has revised the price of iPhone 4 (8GB) to Rs. 26,500 and that of iPhone 4S 16 GB to Rs. 38,500.
This latest price revision by Apple has given rise to speculations that the 16GB variant of iPhone 5 could be made available at a price tag of around Rs. 45,000. Some market analysts have claimed that Apple will be making available the 64GB variant of iPhone 5 at a price tag of Rs. 60,000 or lesser. These prices have been predicted after considering Apple’s historic pricing policies in India. However no confirmation has arrived from Apple regarding this.
There are also reports which suggest that iPhones will from now on be readily available in the open market keeping the carriers out of the scene. Carriers will be countering this by coming up with new tariff plans and special data plans, especially for iPhone 5. The same trend has been observed with smartphones from Nokia, HTC, Sony and Samsung.
Sources suggest that Apple will be implementing aggressive marketing strategies when iPhone 5 is launched in India. This is particularly keeping in mind the fact that the Indian smartphone market is currently being ruled by Samsung and HTC. Samsung Galaxy SIII has been able to capture the attention of lot of consumers in India and has been performing decently well over the past few months as far as sales are concerned. Apple believes that with the launch of iPhone 5 in India, this scenario will change.