TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
It's that time of the year again when Apple's latest iteration of the iPhone hits stores and online retailers. What happens next is a pattern that we've all gotten used to seeing. Stores and online retailers sell their entire stock in a day or two, allowing the Cupertino based tech giant to flaunt record breaking sales figures for the first weekend of launch.
This year, Apple has managed to sell 9 million iPhones within just three days of availability, according to a press release form the company. This happens to be a massive increase when compared to last year's tally, which saw Apple selling 5 million iPhones during the opening weekend.
However, the overall sales numbers might not too be a huge increase from last year since the iPhone 5 was first launched in only 9 markets. This year, the company has started its launch waves with 11 markets, including China, which happens to be their biggest market. So we're guessing that the first weekend record did get a huge boost from Chinese sales.
At the moment, there is no information on the number split between iPhone 5S and 5C. After checking at retail locations, we learned that all of them sold their stock of the iPhone 5S almost instantly. Online vendors have cleared most of their stock as well, causing them to list the iPhone 5S as "available in October". However, things are different with the iPhone 5C, which is still available to ship in 24 hours form most International Apple stores. This serves as an indication that the plastic-bodied iPhone 5C did not sell as well as its more expensive sibling.
If Apple does stay true to its policies, it will not break out individual model sales of the two iPhones. Even now, it has not divulged information on the sales splits between the iPads either.
Apple has also announced that 200 million devices are running its latest operating system, iOS 7, which came out last week, making it the "fastest software upgrade in history". We believe that the two new iPhones should arrive in India during the end of October.