- 2 hrs ago Nokia 7.2 Live Images Leak – Triple Rear Cameras And Dewdrop Notch Expected
- 4 hrs ago Motorola One Action Launched In India-Price, Specs, And Launch Offers
- 5 hrs ago Vivo Z1X With Snapdragon 712 SoC Expected To Arrive In India In September
- 6 hrs ago Apple Expected To Launch 2019 iPhones, MacBooks, iPads, AirPods And HomePods: Report
- Automobiles KTM Put Rumors To Rest By Shipping Duke 790s To Dealerships Across The Country
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 56: Dabang Delhi Vs Bengaluru Bulls: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- News More Congress leaders agree that Modi must be judged ‘issue-wise, not person-wise'
- Movies Bhumi Pednekar: I Have Made A Conscious Choice Of Not Repeating Myself
- Lifestyle Krishna Janmashtami 2019: Dress Up Like A Diva In These Yellow-Hued Ethnic Outfits
- Finance China Announces New Tariffs On American Cars, Auto Parts
- Education ICMAI Result 2019: Direct Links And Steps To Check CMA Results 2019
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
iPhone 6 Plus Launched With 5.5 inch Display: Apple Might Fire up ‘Phablet’ Market
After months of speculations, Apple on Tuesday launched the large screen iPhone with a 5.5-inch display. With the newly launched iPhone 6 Plus, Apple finally jumps into the so-called "phablet" market. The new large screen smartphone will go on sale in the US, starting September 19.
To be more precise, the Apple iPhone 6 Plus sports a 5.5-inch display with an Retina HD display ( 1920 x 1080). The pixel density is 400 ppi and iOS 8 has been tweaked accordingly to take advantage of the large screen. So far there has been no word on the sapphire glass panel just yet.
Furthermore, the rear back of the iPhone 6 Plus is made out of anodized aluminum back and the stainless steel frame around the phone gives toughness.The iPhone 6 Plus , a rival smartphone to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, is measures at 7.1mm but the phone is not the thinnest in the market.
As expected, Apple's new iPhone 6 Plus is powered by the new 64-bit A8 chipset, which the company claims is up to 50% more power efficient than the original A7 processor.
Notably, the user interface has been modified to take the advantage of the large screen and offers split screen mode. Yes indeed, the iPhone 6 Plus supports landscape mode.
The iPhone 6 Plus also supports 20 LTE bands, VoLTE and Wi-Fi 802.11ac, which promises 3x faster Wi-Fi compared to the iPhone 5s.
In the camera department, the latest iPhone 6 Plus has an 8-megapixel iSight rear-facing camera with a True Tone dual-LED Flash. Interestingly, the iPhone 6 Plus has an optical image stabilization feature, too.
Thanks to the integration of the new A8 chipset, there's a face detection autofocus to make images even better. The rear-facing camera is also capable of shooting slow motion videos at 240fps.
Being a premium device, you have to pay a little more, as the iPhone 6 Plus will start at $299 or Rs. 17,940 for the 16GB version, while the 64GB and 128GB will retail for $399 or Rs. 24,000 and $499 or Rs. 29,940 , respectively. There's no word as when Apple is going to launch the iPhone 6 Plus in India.
Just for the reminder, Apple also unveiled the iPhone 6 and the much hyped Apple Watch ( to be made available in three different variants) at its iPhone event.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!