TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
Jolla, a Finland-based startup, is all set to launch its first phone in India next week. Earlier Jolla had announced that they would enter the crowded Indian handset market ‘very soon'.
Today, e-commerce giant Snapdeal has already started distributing invitations to its September 23 event, which is taking place in Delhi. There's no obvious hint at what to expect, but it's not hard to make a few guesses.
Currently, Jolla's Sailfish-powered smartphone is available in the home country Finland, alongside Norway and Switzerland. The mid-range smartphone is available to European users via the company's official store for 399 Euro or Rs. 31,920. In fact, back in February Jolla had revealed that they would expand their reach in select Asian markets, including Hong Kong, Russia and India this year.
Jolla's debut smartphone, running Sailfish OS, isn't a premium device. Originally launched in November last year, Jolla Smartphone, features a 4.5-inch qHD display with a resolution of 960 x 540-pixels, a 1.4GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera, a 2-megapixel front-facing camera, 16GB of native storage, microSD card slot, and a large 2,100mAh battery inside. Users can run tons of Android applications, and it also supports fast 4G LTE connectivity.
Just for the reminder, the Sailfish mobile OS has been developed by few former employees of Nokia, who had earlier worked on the MeeGo operating system that was being developed in partnership with chipset giant Intel.
It would be interesting to see at what price Jolla would bring its first handset into India. Internationally, Jolla sells its Sailfish OS-powered handset at Rs. 31,000. Hence, we can expect the device to cost upwards of Rs. 33,000, based on our calculation. The upcoming smartphone would compete against the likes of Samsung Galaxy S5, Sony Xperia Z2, HTC One (E8), among others.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!