TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Shivakumara Swamiji No More — CM Declares Holiday
- India's Richest Got Richer By 39% In 2018 While The Poorest Saw Just 3% Rise
- WhatsApp Limits Message-Forwarding To Five Chats
- URI Enters 100 Crore Club; To Be Remade In Three Languages
- 2019 Yamaha FZ & FZ-S V3.0 Models Launched In India
- MS Dhoni Has A Chance To Break This Sachin Tendulkar Record In New Zealand
- Hodal — Your Ultimate Guide To Haryana's Least Explored Part
- Madhuri Dixit Nene Has A Pretty Humble Office Wear Idea For Us
Finland-based Jolla had unleashed its first smartphone powered by Sailfish OS back in May. Since then, the first phone to be powered by Sailfish OS has been discussed many times in the media. The world-wide pre-order for the Jolla phone is now over, but the local residents of Finland are still eligible to book one for €100( Rs 8458) .
Few days back, we had informed you about the confirmed specification of the device. However, the specifications were not clear. Now, the company posted more specs of the phone.
The first Sailfish OS based Jolla phone will have a 4.5-inch qHD IPS display having resolution of 960 x450 pixels. It comes with a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC. Backed by 1GB of RAM and 16GB of ROM (expandable via a microSD card slot), the device will be perfectly fine for running heavy-duty games.
There's an 8MP rear facing camera with Auto Focus and LED Flash. Also add a 2MP front facing camera. The device measures 9.9 mm in terms of thickness and weighs 141g.
There will be two mics for noise cancellation and an RGB indicator. The makers have added a user-replaceable 2,100mAh Li Ion battery. Users will be able to replace the back cover of the smartphone. Other connectivity options include: 2G GSM, 3G, 4G LTE, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS, GLONASS, USB 2.0, Micro SIM, amongst other features. The phone will be compatible with Android ecosystem and hardware.
"Jolla will cooperate with leading global app stores to ensure users can seamlessly download Android apps just as they would do on any Android device". For example, highly popular apps such as Instagram, WhatsApp and Spotify run directly on Sailfish OS."
Popular social messaging service WeChat - already with over 400 million users - runs on Sailfish OS," Jolla CEO Tomi Pienimäki, said in a press statement.
The Sailfish OS powered smartphone will cost consumers €399 (Rs 33,474). Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates.