TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
Jolla, the tech firm which was formed by a handful of ex-Nokia employees is apparently in plans to release a new smartphone, which is going to be powered by their MeeGo-based SailFish user interface. SailFish, a Linux-based mobile operating system, designed by Jolla is said to have distinct advantages over Google's Android or Apple's iOS. Reportedly, the operating system is said to be compatible with all the Android based apps.
Above all the confirmed news is that to launch this new handset, Jolla has officially announced partnership with Finnish based design company Infinity for designing the new mobile phone. Inﬁnity, previously known as Provoke, specializes in designing and inventing consumer products. Best of all the company produced industrial designs for various other companies including Huawei and the most acclaimed Nokia handsets.
Meanwhile, Jolla is determined to release the handset within the end of this year. For now, there is no clue as to, how, the smartphone might look like. However, the smartphone is expected to sport a screen, bigger than 3.5 inches.
"For us, the partnership with Jolla is a great opportunity to apply our strong experience in working with products aimed at the global market. The best part of the co-operation is that we get to create something unique, something that will impact an entire industry," says Veikko Rihu, Managing Director at Inﬁnity Design.
Inﬁnity operates in Europe, the United States and China. Inﬁnity's customer projects have resulted in 64 patents worldwide.