TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Assembly Election Results 2018 — Catch All The LIVE Updates Here
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Markets Live: Sensex Down As Election Leads Trickle In
- Nokia 8.1 Launched In India For Rs. 26,999
- Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 — Full Accessories List
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK & Aamir Steal The Show!
- December New Moon Lucky For These Signs
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
September 15 was supposed to be a big day, as far as Indian Android users are concerned. And as expected, Google has delivered by officially launching the new Android One initiative for users in the market.
There are a host of handsets that are coming forward as part of this new initiative, and one of them is the new Karbonn Android One Sparkle V Red handset. As you may already know by now, Google has partnered with three local OEMs in India - Micromax, Karbonn and Spice to make the new intiative a possibility.
Talking about the new Karbonn handset in this regard, the new Sparkle V Red, priced at Rs. 6,399 via Snapdeal, comes with a 4.5-inch FWVGA display with 480 x 854 pixels. It runs on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat OS and offers specs that are better than your average budget handset.
The handset is powered by 1GB of RAM, and while there is no mention on the processor, it is likely to be a 1.3GHz MediaTek quad-core SoC. The Karbonn Sparkle also includes 5MP rear camera, 2MP front-facing camera, 4GB internal storage, microSD card slot, and a 1,700mAh battery.
Connectivity options include dual-SIM card slots, 3G support, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. It is also to be noted that all 3 firms have confirmed that their Android One smartphones will be available to buy starting 3:30pm IST Monday on their respective exclusive online retailer partners.
While Karbonn has struck an exclusive partnership with Snapdeal, Micromax has done the same with Amazon and Spice via Flipkart. More on this is coming soon. Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!