- 49 min ago Why Completely Boycotting Chinese Products Or Brands Is A Far-Fetched Dream
- 1 hr ago Next Xiaomi Smartphone Likely To Feature 120X Zoom: Competition To Samsung?
- 1 hr ago Oppo A12, A11K And A52 To Launch Soon In India: Price, Offers & Specifications
- 2 hrs ago Asus ROG Phone 3 Pops Up On Geekbench; Key Features Tipped
- Finance Markets End The Day Higher, SBI Surges Post Numbers
- Movies Irrfan Khan's Wife Gets Emotional And Remembers The Late Actor: We Have The Rains Connecting Us
- Automobiles Volkswagen India Introduces Das WeltAuto 3.0 — Buying And Selling Pre-Owned Cars
- Sports UFC 250: Dominant Nunes to face 'FeeNom', returning Garbrandt has point to prove
- News 15 days time, transportation of migrants cannot go on forever says SC
- Lifestyle Can Eating Too Much Fruit Cause Type 2 Diabetes?
- Education Top 10 World Environment Day Quotes For Students
- Travel Scenic Road Trips In The Western Ghats That Every Biker Must Take This Monsoon
Karbonn Titanium S99 Vs Micromax Unite 2: Picking the best Indian Budget Buy
There are a number of smartphones in the market that offer great new and improved in-device specifications that compliment their price tags. Yet the market keeps growing with more new makers joining the race.
The smartphone business, itself, comprises of three major segments -- The High-end, the low-to-mid range and the low range. And as expected with the Indian market, most of the noise here is made by the low-to-mid range and the low range segment.
Needless to say, a number of smartphones are there that are currently featured in both these segments. While there are companies such as Samsung, HTC and Sony currently making rounds in the Market with their own affordable offerings, there are other India-based vendors who are also trying hard to get into the act.
Two Indian-made devices that are currently trying out their hands on the market are the Karbonn Titanium S99 and the Micromax-made Unite 2. While Micromax has already made quite the name for itself in the Indian smartphone domain, Karbonn is still on the lookout for similar kind of glory.
So if were to take both the devices together and try to seek a comparison, who do you think will emerge as the eventual winner? Here's a specs comparison between the Karbonn Titanium S99 and Micromax Unite 2.
Karbonn Titanium S99 Vs Micromax Unite 2: Operating System
Not much to choose from in this respect since both the devices come offering the latest OS version that Google has to offer for mobile phones at the moment. We are talking, of course, about Android KitKat.
Karbonn Titanium S99 Vs Micromax Unite 2: Display and Dimensions
The Karbonn Titanium S99 adopts a 4-inch form factor, apart from offering a IPS display. Compared to this, the Micromax Unite 2, on the other hand, sports a slightly greater 4.7-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, while rendering 480 x 800 pixels resolution.
Karbonn Titanium S99 Vs Micromax Unite 2: Camera
The Karbonn Titanium S99, in terms of camera, offers a 5-megapixel primary camera. There's also a secondary VGA front-facing camera for all your selfie needs.
The Micromax Unite 2, on the other hand, sports a similar 5-megapixel primary camera, sporting a pixel resolution of 2592 х 1944 pixels. The device offers a front-facing secondary 2-megapixel shooter.
Karbonn Titanium S99 Vs Micromax Unite 2: Processors
While the Karbonn Titanium S99 sports a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, the Micromax Unite 2 A106 comes equipped with a somewhat similar quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 processor.
Karbonn Titanium S99 Vs Micromax Unite 2: Storage and RAM
The Karbonn Titanium S99, in this respect, offers quite the less 512 MB of RAM with the devcie arriving in an 4GB internal memory variant. There's also the option to extend the phone's memory up to another 32GB.
The Micromax Unite 2 A106 smartphone, however, offers 1GB of RAM while offering the device in 4 GB internal memory variant. Again, there's the option to expand the device's memory up to 32GB as an external microSD slot for additional memory is present.
Karbonn Titanium S99 Vs Micromax Unite 2: Battery
While the Karbonn Titanium S99 comes with a 1500 mAh battery, he Micromax Unite 2 A106 comes fitted with a more massive 2000 mAh battery.
Karbonn Titanium S99 Vs Micromax Unite 2: Price
Karbonn Titanium S99 Vs Micromax Unite 2: Verdict
Both the devices, as we mentioned before, fall under the budget category. And with their offered specifications, they actually compliment their price tags.
However, if seen more intricately, it has to be said that the Micromax Unite 2 brings more goods to the table. And with its heightened battery support, more potent RAM, and an equally powerful front facing camera, we can't see how the Unite 2 will lose out on this one.