- 9 min ago BSNL Discontinues Rs.149 Postpaid Recharge Pack
- 3 hrs ago Lenovo K11 Power Spotted At Google Play Console; Could Be Rebadged Moto G8 Power Lite
- 3 hrs ago Chinese Apps Banned In India: Here Some Alternatives App For Shein, Club Factory
- 4 hrs ago Boy Spends Parent's Rs. 16 Lakh Savings On PUBG Doing Micro Transaction
- Finance RIL Only Indian Entity In Top 100 Global Companies To Thrive Amid The Pandemic
- News PM speaks to Assam CM over flood, COVID-19; announces Rs 2 lakh each for those killed in deluge
- Sports Coronavirus pandemic prompted Ferrari decision to ditch Vettel
- Movies Manish Raisinghan And Sangeita Chauhaan Share Lovely Posts & Unseen Pics From Their Lockdown Wedding
- Lifestyle Types Of Monsoon Diseases And Ways To Prevent Them
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki XL5 Spotted Testing Once Again In India
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Kobo Launches New Lineup of ebook Readers in India
Canada-based Kobo, an eBook reader maker, has announced the coming of its digital reading platform in India. The device maker launched four models of best-selling E Ink and tablet devices, alongside apps for iOS, Android, Microsoft, and BlackBerry platforms.
The latest line-up of E Book readers/tablets include: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc and Kobo Aura HD. Kobo, is also offering special offers on select Kobo devices till November 3. Kobo devices will be available in retail stores across India via Crossword, WHSmith and Croma.
In a press release, Kobo said "Readers will also have access to Kobo's eBookstore, one of the largest in the world, featuring nearly 4-million titles across 68 languages including ninety-five percent of India's bestselling content featuring work from top-selling Indian authors including Jhumpa Lahiri, Ramachandra Guha and Sachin Garg to international bestselling authors like Dan Brown, John Grisham and Lee Child.
The Kobo Touch has a 6-inch Pearl E Ink touchscreen. The device works well in bright sunlight. The eBook reader is thin and portable. There's a 2GB of inbuilt memory, which can be further expanded up to 32GB via a microSD card slot. The Kobo Touch is priced at Rs 6,999 for a limited festive period.
The Kobo Glo eReader offers a 6-inch E Ink screen with no-glare XGA high-resolution. The device competes against likes of Amazon Kindle Paperwhite and more. The eReader is priced at Rs. 10,999 in the Indian market. You also get 2GB of in-built storage with expandable memory via a microSD card slot.
The Kobo Arc is a full blown multimedia tablet. The device is powered by Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OS, and offers a 7-inch of display. The interface is fully customized by Kobo. Other specs include: 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM and a 1.3MP camera. Originally, the Kobo Arc is priced at Rs 11,999, but this festive season the device can be yours for Rs. 9,999.
The Kobo Aura HD is a tablet cum eReader. It has a 6.8" Pearl E Ink touchscreen , 1GHz processor and 4GB of internal memory. Asking price - Rs 13,999
"As e-commerce continues to expand and demand for digital content continues to grow, we are thrilled to be launching in India and look forward to introducing passionate Readers to our world-class digital reading platform," said Wayne White, Executive Vice President & General Manager, Kobo. "India is in the early stages of what we believe is a 25-year transformation from print to digital reading. In partnership with some of the leading booksellers and retailers in the country, Kobo is poised to lead this transformation, by delivering a fully localized experience designed to meet the increased demand for digital content in India."
Free or discounted ebook offers will also be available with the purchase of Kobo devices or with the download of a Kobo app for a limited time, company said in a press statement.
6" E Ink XGA Pearl screen; 800 x 600 resolution
2GB storage; expandable up to 32GB
1 month (battery life)
Supported file: eBooks: EPUB, PDF, and MOBI
Images: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, and TIFF
Text: TXT, HTML, and RTF
Comic Books: CBZ and CBR
6" XGA Pearl E Ink touchscreen; 1024x768 resolution
2GB storage; expandable up to 32GB
Over 1 month with Wi Fi turned off
Up to 70 hours of continuous usage with ComfortLight on
EPUB, PDF, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, TXT, (X)HTML, RTF, CBZ, CBR
1.2GHz dual core processor
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
VGA quality camera
1GB of RAM
16GB of ROM
Kobo Aura HD
6.8-inch Pearl E Ink display
4GB of ROM