TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "Prevent Black Day," Says Retired HC Judge
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Mobiles Republic Day 2019 — Discounts On Best Smartphones
- From Kohli To Dhoni; Five Reasons Behind India's Win In 2nd ODI
- Every Place You Need To Visit If You Are A First-Timer In Una
- Strange Case Of A Woman Who Cannot Hear Male Voices
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Emraan Justifies Himself After Calling Aishwarya 'Plastic'
Its only a month since Lava Mobiles launched Iris 501, a dual SIM Android ICS phablet for Rs 9,500 to compete with the existing phablets in the market. So soon, Lava is reported to be working on another phablet - Iris 502.
According to a recent TheMobileIndian report, the India based handset vendor is all set to launch Iris 502 soon with an affordable price tag. The report claims that the handset might come with a better look and feel, however, it will have the similar specifications as Iris 501.
Moreover, the report speculates that Iris 502 will have a similar 5 inch display as its predecessor. Further, it is claimed that the phablet will be priced at Rs 10,000 approximately.
With this information being said, its time to speak about its competition. As Iris 502 is speculated to have a 5 inch display and Rs 10,000 price tag, the upcoming Lava offering could enter a fight with the budget phablets that are available in the market with 5 inch display.
As of now, the low cost phablet market is occupied by Micromax A116 Canvas HD, Wicked Leak Wammy Titan, iBall Andi 5c, Spice Stellar Horizon, Zync Cloud Z5, Intex Aqua 5.0 and Mercury MagiQ, that are priced in the sub Rs 10,000 price range.
Hence, if the report turns out to be true, the Lava phablet could be a direct rival to all these phablets mentioned above as it not only fits in that price range and Jelly Bean operating system, which is being adopted by the other budget offerings.