- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Automobiles Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Lenovo Golden Warrior S8: Budget Smartphone With 5.3 Inch Display and Octa-Core CPU Coming Soon
Soon Chinese buyers will be able to get their hands on Lenovo's Golden Warrior S8, the cheapest octa-core phone that will cost $130 (Rs. 7,800).
It may sound impossible but if rumors have any role to play, the Golden Warrior S8 could be the cheapest and most affordable 8-core handset making its way into Chinese market.
What's surprising here is that more and more local OEM vendors chose an octa-core CPU over a quad-core processor to package their device under $130 (Rs. 7,800) price range. This could spur new price war in the mid-range segment which wasn't seen or observed before.
Also, at the same time, the influx of octa-core powered handsets into Chinese market will allow tier-1 players, such as Samsung, Sony, Nokia, HTC and Apple to either launch more powerful devices to better compete with local vendors or we might see price cuts on existing premium phones.
Coming back to the Lenovo Golden Warrior S8, this low priced phone sounds more like a high-end beast.
The device will feature a 5.3-inch 720p HD display and Corning Gorilla costing 3 coating. Under the hood, there are fair chances to see a 1.4GHz true octa-core processor coupled with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of on-board storage, which can be further expanded up to 32GB via a microSD card slot. The Golden Warrior is expected to ship with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box. The phone might be powered by a 2000mAh battery fitted inside.
No price for guessing: Just last month China-based Xiaomi launched a 5.5-inch Octa-Core phablet, dubbed the Red Mi Note for $129 (Rs. 7740). The Red Mi Note phablet is expected to be made available outside of China in May of this year. Yes indeed, Lenovo will try to take on Xiaomi's Red Mi Note device with its forthcoming offering i.e. the Golden Warrior S8.
For the time being, the Lenovo Golden Warrior S8 will be only made available in China. Lenovo hasn't announced the Golden Warrior S8 just yet. There's no information as to when the company will launch the device in China.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!