We've all heard the expression, smartphones can kill you. But one thing we never expected was an explosion. According to Reddit Poster, an LG G3 which belonged to her little sister exploded in bed while it was charging.
Now the first thing to do when you hear about a smartphone explosion is to assign blame, and that blame usually falls on the third party charger. Now what do we do? Supposedly everything in the phone and the charger as well was stock. Maybe now we will start assigning the blame on the outlet and it's wiring. Aside from the fact the phone was simply connected and placed on top of the bed, not under the sheets or pillows.
The LG G3 did not die alone, it took down the mattress along with it. After the fire started the heat of the overall mess burned through the mattress material which was later thrown out of the window.
One weird part of this whole incident is that the user put down the phone and after a minute it caught on fire. The user stated that the phone was not even warm before she put it down. Who knows? Maybe supernatural activities could be the explanation.
Assuming the story is legit and there was no third-party equipment involved in it might just be one of those one in a million occurrences and is purely bad luck.
Stay tuned to Gizbot for more Updates!