TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
LG G3 Could Be Waterproof and Dust Resistant [Report]
While LG's previous generation big-ticket phones were not rugged in nature, the company now has plans to reveal its upcoming flagship beast, the G3, similar to that of Samsung's Galaxy S5, according to ET News.
This could simply means that the forthcoming LG G3 will be waterproof and dust proof, just like the recently released Samsung Galaxy S5 and Sony Xperia Z2.
The report, however, didn't specifically cite a rating for the waterproof and dustproof functionality. Still it's a good sign to see LG's competitive ignition to capture a large chunk of market share from the likes of Samsung, Sony and many other global handset manufacturers.
IP Ratings- Explained
Although the LG G3 is yet to be announced, but in the meantime we can let you know what Ingress Protection (IP) rating stands for. Ingress Protection (IP) is basically a rating system developed by the International Electrotechnical Commission or the IEC. This system is a gold standard to figure out different degrees of protection against intrusion or immersion. The IEC categorizes dust-resistance from levels 0-6, where 6 indicates complete protection. And water resistance goes from 0-9.
If we compare the Samsung Galaxy S5 with the Sony Xperia Z2, based on the given IP rating parameters, then the Galaxy S5 has an IP67 certification, offering protection in water up to a meter. On the other hand, the Sony Xperia Z2 incorporates IP55 and IP58 certifications, protecting the handset up to 3 meters.
LG G3 - Rumored Specifications
Back in December, ZDNet Korea had reported that LG will announce the G3 in the second half of 2014. Reportedly, the LG G3 would have a Quad HD display (1440 x 2560), making the display four times sharper than the regular Full HD panel (1920 x 1080).
The device is expected to feature the latest quad-core processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone might come with a 13MP rear-facing camera with OIS feature. Other details around the device have been guarded under wraps.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!