TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Confirmed To Launch In India In November With Dual Selfie Cameras
- All About The Vegetable Land Of Vattavada In The Mountains Of Kerala
- How To Use Coconut Oil For Treating Sunburns
- Om Puri's 68th Birth Anniversary: The Lesser Known Side Of The Acting Legend!
- 2018 Porsche Cayenne Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.19 Crore
- ISL 2018: ATK Vs DD: Super-Sub Maimouni Hands ATK First Win
- Bank Of India Recruitment 2018: 12 Security Officer Vacancies Available, Earn Up To INR 45,950
LG may not be one of the four Windows Phone 8 official phone makers across the world right now, but many of you may not be aware that the company was one of the first handset manufacturers to launch the operating system touted on its smartphone.
Alas! LG was not able to attain much fanfare owning to the irrelevant build and look and feel of its Window Phone 7 handsets. However, now it seems that the South Korean tech vendor is planning to foray in the showground again, with the launch of a WP8 handset sometime in this year.
According to Korea Times, LG is prepping some new smartphones in line with LG Optimus 7, that will now run Microsoft's Windows Phone 8.
As per the report, citing anonymous sources, LG will launch its Optimus handsets with a view to boost its sales by 40 percent to cross 75 million, which was 55 million in 2012.
Going by the figures, out of the total sales, smartphone market forms the major part with around 10 million per quarter and 45 million in total. Apart from phone sales, LG may also bring to its audience a 5.5" full HD device at MWC 2013. It is still not known whether the phone runs on Android or WP8. The company this year intends to ship multiple WP8 phones and also continue its manufacture of Android smartphones.
Further, rumor also has it that LG may launch a GK model in the first quarter of 2013 and an Optimus G2 in the later part of the year. Both the models are said to have 1080p full HD resolution displays.
While WP8 phones are yet to revolutionize the market, there are chances of rumors about LG becoming true to rival against Nokia, Samsung, HTC and Huawei's Windows Phone 8 offerings soaring high sales in the market right now.