TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "Prevent Black Day," Says Retired HC Judge
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Mobiles Republic Day 2019 — Discounts On Best Smartphones
- From Kohli To Dhoni; Five Reasons Behind India's Win In 2nd ODI
- Every Place You Need To Visit If You Are A First-Timer In Una
- Strange Case Of A Woman Who Cannot Hear Male Voices
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Emraan Justifies Himself After Calling Aishwarya 'Plastic'
The Optimus L-series smartphones made its debut in the market last year, and now the company has made an announcement that it had shipped 15 million phones in the series. The company unveiled its Optimus L-series II devices a couple of days back, and the company revealed the shipment details of its predecessor in the same event.
The Optimus L-series II is to be launched in Mobile World Congress this week and will be available for sale in market very soon. The South Korean mobile manufacturer also noted in a press release that the company had been selling Optimus L-series phones at the rate of one smartphone per second. The selling rate had been the same since two months. The company currently sells six smartphones in L-series which includes L-9, L-5, L-7, L-3 (both single and dual sim modes).
The success of L-series of devices in the market had given LG new hopes and the company now expects to sell 45 million L-series smartphones this year. The company may see a heavy sales boost with its recent launch of L-series II devices.
The President and Chief Executive Officer of LG mobiles, Dr. Jong-Seok Park, said that the company is quite confident about its success with L-series II devices since the smartphone's design is something similar to L-series. With fresh hopes and new devices, LG, is trying to become a leader in the smartphone market. However, as of now, the company is far behind the two mobile giants Samsung and Apple. Samsung and Apple, together contribute to 50 per cent of smartphone sales in the global market.