TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
After, Nokia, Samsung and HTC, now LG, the South Korean mobile giant is all set to launch new Windows Phone 8 based mobile devices really soon. Reportedly, sources have disclosed that the company might reveal Windows Phone 8 series at the at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2013.
LG, already had plans to reveal Windows Phone 8 devices this year, although there are no specific information available about their landing as of now. Also, LG was the first company to introduce Windows Phone, but their devices went out of support to a wider extent. Hence, the company in view of this did not release its second generation phones.
However, now after tasting some success with Android devices, the company is back to try its luck again with Windows Phone devices. The rumors of the company's re-entry to Windows Phone devices began three weeks ago, when a senior executive of LG revealed its plans to unveil a range of Optimus devices this year to Korea Times. The executive also said that the company is engaged in the making of new smartphones that are to run on Windows Phone 8 platform.
"We will release quite a number of new Optimus devices this year and LG also has some new smartphones in the works, that will run Microsoft's Windows Phone 8," said the report.
The latest speculation in the form of a photograph featuring on Facebook and a video revealed last week, hints that LG is surely a part of Mobile World Congress 2013, at Barcelona. Moving further, if the company reveals Windows Phone 8 based smartphones at the MWC event, the first half of the year will see a huge competition from manufacturer's end to the other major vendors prevailing in the market.