TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Four-Storey Building Collapses In Gurugram; Many Feared Trapped
- Virat Kohli To Be Rested For Last Two ODIs And T20I Series Against New Zealand
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- PayTM Mall On Republic Day — Samsung Carnival Offers
- Best Low-Priced Stocks To Buy For 2019
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On #MeToo Movement
- All You Want To Know About Toothukudi
- Deepika Padukone Adds Another All-black Ensemble With This Airport Attire
LG is looking to bring back the flip phone form factor, as the company teases a mysterious handset for its native market. To be called as LG Wine Smart, the purported smartphone is expected to run Android OS, though, there's no confirmation from LG's side.
LG displayed the image of the clamshell smartphone at LG Wine Smart event website, making it clear that the device would hit the market soon.
It is reported that LG will be hosting a Wine Smart giveaway in South Korea, while at the same time showing a mysterious picture of the handset. Going by the teased image, the forthcoming phone has a clamshell design and a physical keypad. No more details are available in respect of design and form factor.
According to reports, LG Wine Smart could be a successor to the original LG-made wine phone series launched, back in 2007. It is suspected that this very mysterious phone would be the first smartphone among wine phone series.
Samsung - LG's arch rival already launched a couple of clamshell smartphones in select Asian markets, including India. The first such flip phone, Samsung Galaxy Flip, went on sale last year with much fanfare.
There are many people who still use old school flip phones. That's the only reason why handset makers like Samsung and LG are interested in offering such handsets. Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!