TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
LG is looking to bring back the flip phone form factor, as the company teases a mysterious handset for its native market. To be called as LG Wine Smart, the purported smartphone is expected to run Android OS, though, there's no confirmation from LG's side.
LG displayed the image of the clamshell smartphone at LG Wine Smart event website, making it clear that the device would hit the market soon.
It is reported that LG will be hosting a Wine Smart giveaway in South Korea, while at the same time showing a mysterious picture of the handset. Going by the teased image, the forthcoming phone has a clamshell design and a physical keypad. No more details are available in respect of design and form factor.
According to reports, LG Wine Smart could be a successor to the original LG-made wine phone series launched, back in 2007. It is suspected that this very mysterious phone would be the first smartphone among wine phone series.
Samsung - LG's arch rival already launched a couple of clamshell smartphones in select Asian markets, including India. The first such flip phone, Samsung Galaxy Flip, went on sale last year with much fanfare.
There are many people who still use old school flip phones. That's the only reason why handset makers like Samsung and LG are interested in offering such handsets. Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!