TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Avalanche In Ladakh — 5 Bodies Recovered; 5 Feared Trapped
- New Tax Laws Help You To Save More This Tax Season — Here's How
- AFC Asian Cup 2019 — Full Schedule
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
According to a recent report by 2Recent, Android4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update has been rolled out for LG Optimus G in the company's home land, South Korea. LG had earlier promised an update for its devices in the first quarter of 2013 and now the update first phase of roll out has begun, as per the company website.
Reportedly, South Korean users may soon receive notifications to upgrade their devices. The update is rolled out for both versions, that is for SK telecom ("S variant") and LG U+ ("L variant") and will also hit the US markets in a couple of months.
The news in the official website of LG suggests that carrier-specific updates are ready and it is for the carriers to decide on when to roll out the update. The reports states that Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update will be rolled out Over-The-Air (OTA) and is expected to bring many bug fixes offering an upgraded performance.
LG Optimus was released in 2012 originally running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The proud owners of LG Optimus are now enjoying Jelly Bean ROMs for their devices after a number of custom firmware was released by XDA Devs. The users now have to wait and watch the stability and performance improvements of the new update once it starts rolling out. Users who desire to utilize the new firmware for their device have to visit the XDA forums for instructions.