TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- The First Sound From Mars — A Truly Special Acoustic Experience
- Hockey World Cup 2018: India Vs Canada: Live Updates & Highlights
- 8 Apps That You Should Probably Delete From Your Smartphone
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Planning A High-Altitude Trekking? — Here's What You Should Know
- Banking Services On WhatsApp Are Catching Up
- A Woman Died Within Few Hours Of Giving Birth, But Saved 50 Lives!
- Katrina Opens Up About Attending Deepika-Ranveer's Reception
If watching 3D movies in cinemas is of great demand, and people don’t mind paying more for a 3D movie ticket, then there is no question if 3D in mobile devices will be accepted. With the increasing demand of high quality 3D movies, a couple of mobile manufacturing companies saw their opportunity apparently.
Last year, we witnessed the birth of 3D smartphones from a few companies. But although they became popular, the release of feature rich non-3D smartphones killed their fame eventually.
It seems a few handset manufacturing giants still see a good comeback chance for 3D handsets. And at the forefront is LG. It has been reported recently that LG is working on a feature rich 3D Smartphone, which is believed to have the potential to rejuvenate 3D smartphones and increase the demand of mobile 3D.
Known by the name, LG CX2, this handset is also popular by the name LG Optimus 3D 2. LG Optimus 3D was a very popular 3D handset, in the Optmius series. It is quite evident that LG Optimus 3D 2 is the successor of the Optimus 3D.
Many a few forums came to this conclusion as a few images of the LG Optimus 3D 2 leaked out. Resembling its predecessor, the LG Optimus 3D 2 is slimmer and sleeker with a stylish display. Reportedly LG is trying to bring in this handset officially at the Mobile World Congress. Just by the looks alone, you wouldn’t be able to find anything 3D in the Optimus 3D 2. But this handset is more than meets the eye and 3D isn’t the only cool feature, reportedly.
However, when it comes to specifications, LG Optimus 3D 2 sports a hardware configuration which is a regular for many smartphones at present.
Known specifications details of LG Optimus 3D 2:
- 4.3 inch WVGA NOVA capacitive touchscreen display
- Dual core 1 GHz (or 1.2 GHz) TI OMAP Processor
- 5 Megapixel primary camera and a secondary camera
- Bluetooth 3.0
- 21 Mbps HSPA 3G connectivity support
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi connectivity with DLNA
8 GB Internal storage
The specs haven’t been officially confirmed, but are based on tips from a few trusty tipsters. There have been only rumours about the OS in Optimus 3D 2 and the OS is expected to be Android higher updated Gingerbread version. An Android ICS OS update is highly likely. The Auto-stereoscopic NOVA display will have great brightness, contrast and overall display quality. But we can only imagine how good the 3D is going to be. The LG Optimus 3D 2 will be out for sale soon, and is reported to be introduced by February in the MWC.