- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli 'walks' out, fumes in dressing room as replays suggest he was not out
- News J&K: 'Braveheart' cop who was injured in June 12 Anantnag terrorist attack dies
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
MediaTek Based 4G Smartphones To Launch In India Starting 2014
In a move to make the 4G connectivity most of the Indian smartphone manufacturers have been working towards it already. On the other hand, mobile chip maker MediaTek is also set to bring 4G-capable chipsets to the smartphone market in India from next year onwards. Moreover, the company has already partnered with domestic vendors in the country for the launch of smartphones powered by their chipsets.
Although the 4G services are already available in the country, there are very less handsets that come at an affordable price with the 4G support. But it seems next year will be a 4G exploration year for the Indian smartphone makers. The incorporation of the MediaTek chips that support 4G could control the price of the device from being expensive.
Finbarr Moynihan, general manager, International Sales and Marketing at MediaTek reportedly said, "We expect that the next year will be critical for us. India is an exciting 4G market,"
Further he added, "We are working with various handset manufacturers in the country and you will see our partners launching quality 4G devices at competitive prices in 2014."
MediaTek also reportedly said that it would continue to focus on offering products in emerging markets, claiming that users need a variety of chipsets to choose from, at different price points.
Currently, the company has allied with several domestic smartphone makers and vendors like Intex, Micromax, Spice and Lava. The company said that they would continue to work with these set of brands as well.
Recently MediaTek also officially announced its latest octa-core mobile system-on-chip with a model number MT6592. The chipset is already said to used by Intex in their upcoming handset.