TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "Prevent Black Day," Says Retired HC Judge
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Mobiles Republic Day 2019 — Discounts On Best Smartphones
- From Kohli To Dhoni; Five Reasons Behind India's Win In 2nd ODI
- Every Place You Need To Visit If You Are A First-Timer In Una
- Strange Case Of A Woman Who Cannot Hear Male Voices
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Emraan Justifies Himself After Calling Aishwarya 'Plastic'
Over the last year, Micromax has been expanding into new segments in a bid to strengthen its presence in the smartphone market. Apart from becoming the country's biggest indigenous phone maker, the company has also marked an expansion plan into the Russian market and will also be making Windows Phone handsets in the near future.
Now, there is news of Micromax's plans to launch a 4G enabled device. The news comes during a time which Xolo, another powerful domestic player, has chalked out plans of launching a similar device.
According to Micromax co-founder Rahul Sharma, the company will be rilling out LTE or 4G ready devices during December 2013. "We want to establish ourselves on LTE and offer products that are LTE ready by December, so that consumers would not need to change their handsets whenever voice over LTE becomes available, be it six months or eight months later," said Sharma.
Last week, Relaince Jio was granted license to launch voice services and 4G on TD LTE network. Reports have also said that companies Karbonn and Micromax are testing 4G LTE devices with Relaince Jio Infocom. Currently, Airtel is the only carrier that offers 4G services in select cities through data cards and modems.
4G deployments from carriers are expected to begin over the next few months as telecom companies are getting the required licenses and setting up the required infrastructure.
For more information on the subject, do stay tuned to Gizbot. Folow us in Twitter, like us on Facebook and add us on Google Plus for instant updates.