TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Mehul Choksi Moves New Application In PMLA Court, Mentions Long History Of Ailments
- IPL 2019: CSK vs RCB — Preview, Predicted XI, Where To Watch
- IPL 2019 — How To Watch Cricket Extravaganza Live In Action On Your Smartphone?
- Kawasaki Announces Price Hike On Certain Models — Revised Prices From April 2019
- First Poster Of Ajay Devgn's 'De De Pyaar De' Out!
- Should You Invest In New Retirement Mutual Funds Without 80C Tax Benefit?
- Zodiac Signs That Are Sweet Talkers
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
Micromax outsmarts Samsung, Apple in Tablet Market sales in India
The overall India Tablet market recorded sales of 0.55 million units in 2Q 2012 (Quarter ended June 30, 2012). This was reported in the India Quarterly Media Tablet Market Review for 2Q 2012 released today by CyberMedia Research, the premier IT, Telecoms, Semiconductor & Electronics, Government, Entrepreneurship, Energy, Healthcare and User research firm.
According to the report, in the overall India tablets market, surprisingly, Micromax leads with 18.4% share, followed by Samsung at second position with 13.3% and Apple at third position with 12.3%, in terms of sales (unit shipments) during the 2Q 2012.
“During 2Q 2012, 47.4% of tablet sales were from new entrants in the market with a strong focus on addressing application areas in the Education and Entertainment segments. This trend demonstrates clearly that vendors are positioning their devices at India's youth,” said Faisal Kawoosa, Lead Analyst, CMR Telecoms Practice.
Further, the report also suggested that the increase in shipments in the overall tablet market was mainly due to entry of new tablet vendors and introduction of offerings from existing vendors at low to medium price points.
Close to 90 vendors launched their tablets till 2Q 2012.The average selling value (ASV) of the tablets in 2Q 2012 has dropped to little above Rs 13,000 from Rs 26,000 in 1Q 2012, as a majority of vendors in early 2012 launched their products in the Rs 5,000-10,000 price range.