- 2 min ago Asus 6Z Sale Flipkart: 180-Degree Flip Camera, Snapdragon 855 SoC Starting At Rs. 31,999
- 9 min ago LG W30 With Triple Camera Setup India Launch: Most Affordable LG Smartphone With Triple Cameras
- 3 hrs ago MediaTek Helio P65 SoC With 48 MP Camera Supports Now Available For OEMs
- 7 hrs ago Best 8GB RAM Smartphones To Buy Under Rs. 30,000
- Movies Rachita Ram Isn't Apologetic About Doing Bold Scenes With Upendra; Gives It Back To Priyanka!
- News U’khand minister Arvind Pandey's son dies in car crash
- Finance Govt To Consider Raising Pension Age Limit For Atal Pension Yojana
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Australia have never lost a World Cup semifinal
- Automobiles New 2019 BMW 3-Series India-Launch Confirmed — Here Are All The Details!
- Lifestyle Raw Bananas: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks, & Recipes
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Motorola Moto G (Gen 2) Vs Sony Xperia E3: What Buyers Need To Know?
Sony recently launched its Xperia E3 Dual-SIM smartphone onto Indian market. How do they compare it with the Motorola Moto G (Gen 2)? We explain everything you need to know in our Moto G (Gen 2) Vs Sony Xperia E3 comparison.
The Moto G (Gen 2) is a major upgrade from last year with new bigger display, and slightly better camera. The Xperia E3, one the other hand, is seen as Sony's answer to the new Moto G. Both handsets are priced at Rs. 12,990, and run on Android KitKat.
Before we start, we'd like to point out that in this comparison article we are merely comparing the specs of these two smartphones. Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!
Motorola Moto G (Gen 2) Vs Sony Xperia E3: Design
The Moto G (Gen 2) is thicker than the Sony Xperia E3. A curved back on the new Moto G (Gen 2) means it's easy to handle the device, but some users will prefer the slim design on Sony's Xperia E3.
Moto G (Gen 2) - 70.7 x 141.5 x 10.99mm -149g
Sony Xperia E3 - 137.1 x 69.4 x 8.5mm - 143.8g
Motorola Moto G (Gen 2) Vs Sony Xperia E3: Display
In the display department, the Motorola Moto G (Gen 2) houses a 5-inch screen with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. The Sony Xperia E3, on the other hand, uses a 4.5-inch (854 x480). Well the new Moto G is surely better in respect of the display, at least.
Motorola Moto G (Gen 2) Vs Sony Xperia E3: Processor, Storage and Connectivity
Here's a closer look at the Moto G (Gen 2) specs and how they compare to the Sony Xperia E3 spec sheet.
The new Moto G is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor, paired with 1GB of RAM.
The Sony Xperia E3, meanwhile, offers a 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor coupled with 1GB of RAM.
The new Moto G has an in-built storage of 16GB, while the Sony-made Xperia E3 houses 4GB of native storage. Both smartphone offers expandable memory (up to 32GB).
Both have 3G, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0 and 802.11n Wi-Fi.
Motorola Moto G (Gen 2) Vs Sony Xperia E3: Operating System (OS)
Both smartphones run on the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat. But the Moto G (Gen 2) is upgradable to Android L update, when it becomes available later this month. However, the same cannot be said about the Xperia E3, as Sony hasn't shared any specific time frame when the new update hits the device.
Motorola Moto G (Gen 2) Vs Sony Xperia E3: Camera
The Sony Xperia E3 comes packed with a 5MP rear camera with LED flash capable of recording video at 1080p and a 0.3MP (VGA) front-facing snapper.
The new Moto G houses an 8-megapixel shooter with an LED Flash, and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera. The phone's camera is capable enough to record 720p HD videos.
Motorola Moto G (Gen 2) Vs Sony Xperia E3: Battery, Price and Verdict
The new Moto G is backed up with a 2,070 mAh battery, whereas the Sony Xperia E3 houses a 2,330mAh battery.
The Sony Xperia E3 is now available in India in two versions: dual-SIM and single-SIM. The single-SIM will cost users Rs. 11,990, while the dual-SIM version is priced at Rs. 12,990.
The two smartphones are essentially priced same, but have the following differences:
- The Moto G (Gen 2) has a 5-inch 720p HD display; 8MP/2MP dual cameras; 16GB of native storage; 2,070mAh battery
- The Xperia E3 has a 4.5-inch (854 x 480) display; 5MP/0.3MP dual-cameras; 4GB of native storage; 2,330mAh battery.