TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
Motorola has finally cracked open the nutshell with the official unveiling of the new generation Moto G handset. Although it isn't really a surprise that the new Moto G handset has been officially revealed, yet it's still interesting to find out what all modifications Motorola made to the handset.
The successor to Motorola's best selling smartphone now offers improved key features and specs, yet it retains the brilliant and cheap $179.99 price tag. Apart from the new Moto G, Motorola has also unveiled the brand new Moto X handset and the Moto 360 smartwatch.
Going through the specs of the new handset, the Moto G offers a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. The handset runs on the latest Android KitKat operating system and is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with Adreno 305 GPU.
The handset offers 1GB RAM with the device available in 8GB and 16GB internal memory variants. However, this time around, there's support for expandable memory with microSD slot.
The handset boasts optional Dual SIM support. It's 10.9mm thick and weighs 149 grams and offers a 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio. The handset's imaging capabilities are taken care via an 8MP rear camera with LED flash and 720p HD video recording at 30fps. The new Moto G also supports a 2MP front-facing camera.
While the handset's connectivity options include 3G, WiFi 80211.ac, Bluetooth 4.0 LE and GPS. The handset's battery is a decent 2,070mAh unit. The new Moto G is now set to go live for users today at midnight.