- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: MS Dhoni becomes second most-capped ODI player for India
- News Unemployment, farmers distress must be discussed in Budget Session: Congress
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Motorola smartphones get Android 4.0 update in India
With the advent of Google Android version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich all the smartphone and tablet manufacturers are in a hurry to offer the same for their devices. Motorola also has recently announced that they will be bringing ICS OS in India very soon.
Motorola has officially announced that they will be rolling out the latest Android OS after the second quarter of this year. So we can expect this update anywhere between April to June. This update is made available not only in India but whole of Asia Pacific. The release dates for different regions in India has been already scheduled. The dates are put up in Motorola’s official site.
The OS will be made available for specific models first and then the company would include more models as time progresses. Motorola’s development team is working side by side with Google’s software development team to develop the tailor made operating system for Motorola devices.
Droid Razr XT910 which is a high end Android smartphone which is available in the Asia Pacific region will be first Motorola handset to get the update. This is expected to happen immediately after April and in any case it won’t be delayed beyond June. Meantime, Motorola Atrix 2 smartphone will get the ICS update only in the second half of 2012.
Now coming to Motorola tablets, Motorola Xoom and Xoom 2 tablets that run on the Android OS will be getting the ICS update. This would happen in the second quarter of this year itself according to the schedule put up by Motorola.
Android 4.0 ICS operating system completely over hauls the present OS. It features new graphics elements and also sports better performance. The visual interface is completely changed and new colour schemes are added to it. The new screen transitions are bold and beautiful.
There are new and improved widgets available and the home screen is completely customizable. Android 4.0 also makes full use of the multi tasking ability of the OS meaning many programs can be run at the same time and that too without causing any lag or delay.
As for now these are the only devices getting the ICS update. We can only hope that more tablets and smartphones will be added to this list in the coming months.