TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
New Android 4.0.5 version expected in Galaxy Nexus
When launch, the Verizon Galaxy Nexus was running on Android 4.0 platform. Soon after the release itself, the makers decided it to update its operating system to Android 4.0.5 version. This update will also comprise of modifications which is present in Android 4.0.3 OS.
The new upgrade to Android 4.0.5 version enables the users to have access to many bug fixes. These bug fixes enable the users with audio reboot facility as well as various other data stability problems. Moreover, it will also augment the internet connectivity speed. Various websites as well as apps can be opened up within no time with this new upgrade. Accessing Android market will become easier with the new version OS.
Galaxy Nexus users are also facing problems like data falling asleep, life cycle of the battery etc. These problems are said to be fixed with this update. Enhancements such as good 4G LTE signals are a desire of many but the same may not be available with this update.
The Galaxy Nexus users can also look forward for a GSM upgrade as well.
Some of the other features of Galaxy Nexus include:
- 135.5 x 67.9 x 8.9 mm
- 135 g
- 16M colours display
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- 720 x 1280 pixels resolution
- 4.65 inches display
- 16 GB storage
- EDGE / GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
- USB connectivity
- GPS with A-GPS support
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP
- 5 MP main camera
- 1.3 MP secondary camera
- Memory extendable up to 32GB
- Well supported audio and video player
- TI OMAP 4460 Chipset
- PowerVR SGX540 GPU
- Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9 CPU
- HTML Browser
- LTE connectivity
- Java MIDP emulator
- Standard Li-Ion 1750mAh battery
There are confirmed reports that the UI and launcher will appear to be the same. The update is only for internal purpose.
With the new Android 4.0.5 upgrade, all the existing features of Galaxy Nexus will seem to be more advanced. The users will experience more speed in internet connection. It will also become easier to share websites, maps, contacts, apps, directions and YouTube videos.
This Android update is expected to be launched for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus users by the early week of April this year.