TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Will Rafale Deal Be Probed? — Supreme Court To Decide Today
- Why Is December A Good Month To Invest In Stock Markets?
- Nissan Kicks Review — Should You Buy The Latest Five-Seater SUV From Nissan?
- IPL Auction 2019 — These Five Players May Be Sold For A High Price
- Shahrukh Breaks Silence On His Film With Salman Khan And Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Mumbai And Its Vintage Parsi Cafes
- Can Meditation Enhance Creativity?
Samsung is back in news. But this time around, it's back in the grid for the same rumor that we have seen emerging so many number of times in the past. You guessed it right. We are back to base one with foldable displays.
As revealed via the new reports, Samsung has filed a brand new patent that shows future Samsung smartphones with a foldable display that will be able to fold both backward and forward without damaging the display.
The new patent also describes how the smartphone can also be used in a folded position for various tasks such as a calendar or an alarm clock through specific applications. Although it is to be remembered that this is just off a patent and nothing has been finalized.
"Samsung's invention generally relates to a flexible terminal such as a future smartphone capable of bending or folding both forward and backward without any damage to the display," a Patentlymobile report states.
"Samsung's patent also goes into detail about how the design is able to hold a folded position by the user such as the one noted in our cover graphic so that it could be used as an alarm clock, a calendar or whatever the user wants it to be while in the folded position using various apps."
The new patent, apparently, was published via the US Patent & Trademark Office last week. But more on it is yet to be gathered on this new display technology.