- 11 hrs ago iQOO Z5x Latest Official Teaser Confirms Dimensity 900 SoC; Other Features To Check Out
- 13 hrs ago Two Mystery iQOO 5G Phones Appears At Google Play Console; New Flagships?
- 16 hrs ago Lenovo Tab 6 5G With 10.3-Inch Display, Kids Space Announced: Coming To India?
- 16 hrs ago OnePlus 9RT India Price Tipped Via New Leak; Cheaper Than Competition?
- News Taliban’s new order: No public executions
- Movies Most Eligible Bachelor Day 1 Box Office Collection: Akhil Akkineni-Pooja Hegde’s Film Opens To Big Numbers!
- Sports Will MS Dhoni play IPL 2022? Chennai Super Kings captain responds after winning fourth title
- Automobiles BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine Iconic Edition Launched In India For Rs 53.50 Lakh
- Lifestyle Baking For Mental Health: Does It Help? What Are The Benefits?
- Finance 5 Top Auto Ancillary Multibaggers Of The Last 1-year
- Education CBSE Class 10, 12 Term Exam Dates Tentative Announced, Check CBSE Class X, XII Date Sheet Release Details
- Travel Navratri Weekend Getaways In And Around Bangalore
'Agent Smith' Malware Affects 15 Million Android Devices in India: Check Point Research
There are at least 15 million Android smartphones in India, which are affected by a malware named "Agent Smith" suggests Check Point Research. Here is everything you need to know about the new malware in the town called the "Agent Smith."
What Is Agent Smith Malware?
Agent Smith malware has affected over 25 million Android smartphones across the globe, out of which the 15 million Android smartphones belong to India. Agent Smith is a new-age malware, which replaces pre-installed apps with malware to collect sensitive data for financial benefits.
Agent Smith malware is usually seen in the form of a Google app, and the app will start affecting the actual functionalities of the smartphone. Similarly, users who installed third-party apps outside the play store will get affected.
The report also suggests that the malware is targetting those, whose language is Hindi, Arabic, Russian, and, Indonesian. As of now, there are no apps on Google Play Store which are infected with Agent Smith malware, and users can install any app from the Play Store without any inconvenience.
How To Prevent Your Device From Agent Smith Malware Attack?
There is one simple mantra to prevent your Android smartphone from Agent Smith Malware Attack, do not download and install any apps from third party sources. Always download the app from the Google Play Store to prevent these sorts of attacks.
If you have already installed apps or games from the third party source, then make sure you delete that app/game, and for added security, hard reset (format) your smartphone and start a fresh by downloading the apps from the Google Play Store.
Shimonovich, Head of Mobile Threat Detection Research, Check Point Software Technologies, said
The malware attacks user-installed applications silently, making it challenging for common Android users to combat such threats on their own.
What Do We Think About The Agent Smith Malware Attack?
Agent Smith Malware attack looks like a pretty serious security issue on Android smartphones, which once again, reiterate the fact that one should not install apps or games from outside the Google Play Store.