- 1 hr ago Now Instagram users can post landscape video on IGTV: Everything you need to know
- 2 hrs ago Huawei now barred from using SD and microSD cards
- 2 hrs ago Flipkart World Cup Mania (May 23rd to 28th): Avail special offers on Mi Televisions
- 2 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy S10 series get improved camera features via new update
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Team analysis: West Indies bank on Gayle and Russell
- Movies Allu Arjun’s Takes A Decision That Might Leave His Fans Disappointed? Deets Inside!
- News President Donald Trump and PM Modi to meet at G-20 Summit in June
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Automobiles Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Android O will be rolled out to OnePlus 3 and 3T within this year
Hopefully, OnePlus 3 and 3T owners will get Android O soon after Google officially launches the update.
While OnePlus 5 is getting all the attention recently, the company has not forgotten about its older models OnePlus 3T and OnePlus 3. Or at least in terms of software updates.
In the beginning of this month, Pete Lau, OnePlus' founder and CEO, announced and confirmed on Twitter that the two 2016 flagships would be updated to Android O which is also Google's next major Android iteration. At that point of time, he didn't mention any time frame but owners of the two handsets were happy nonetheless. Now, we have also got to know when will the updates be rolled out to OnePlus 3 and 3T.
In an AMA (Ask Me Anything) session held on Reddit recently, an employee from OnePlus said that both the smartphones would be updated to Android O "within this year". The reason they are not giving us a definite timeline is OnePlus will first have to wait for Google to launch Android O.
We are expecting to see the final version of the software sometime in August. So Android O should start hitting the eligible devices from later this summer. Currently, it is still in beta and can only be installed on Google Pixel and Nexus devices.
Now, considering OnePlus' past in delivering updates, it has not been the quickest and the company does not have the best record. Well, you might be familiar with the case of OnePlus 2. The company had announced that the smartphone would be getting updated to Nougat but reportedly that has not happened.
Hopefully, OnePlus will live up to what it has said this time. Also, it goes without saying that the recently launched OnePlus 5 will also be updated to Android O.