TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Lenovo Might Launch A Dual-Screen Thinkpad Table In 2019
- Holidays For The Shutterbugs In India
- 5 Signs That Clearly Show You Are Over-scrubbing Your Face
- After Bashing Nawazuddin For Being A Mute Spectator, Chitrangada Says She Doesn't Want To Blame Him
- 2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Revealed — India Launch In 2019
- The Top Five Knocks Of Virender Sehwag
- DRDO Recruitment 2018: Walk-In Interview For Research Associates And Junior Research Fellows
Apple is being talked about a lot as the company will be unveiling three new iPhones for this year at an event on September 12.
Well, Apple is in the news not only for the iPhone 8 and two other models but also for the 2018 models. Though it is too early to speculate about these models, it looks like the company is in plans to increase the camera MP count on the iPhones to be launched next year. This is likely to happen as Apple is reported to have booked all the smartphone lens modules above 12MP and the same will be assembled at a new factory located in Taiwan owned by Largan Precision.
Largan is likely the only company that is making modules for the smartphone cameras with over 12MP resolution and can product modules in the quantity that Apple needs. Largan is capable of producing 600 million lens modules per month at the new Taiwanese facility and this is six times the current production capacity of the company.
Thought the additional assembly lines are said to go live from the next month, the production will be added only gradually. Lin En-ping, the Largan CEO says that the new factory can product modules with multiple lenses, lenses that can handle 3D sensing in order to handle facial recognition, and cameras with large apertures for better quality low light photos.
The Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus have 12MP camera modules at the rear. We expect even the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus to arrive with similar camera modules only. The iPhone X that is the special tenth-anniversary edition model is also believed to feature a dual camera setup at the rear.
If this DigiTimes report turns out to be authentic, Apple will increase the camera resolution on the iPhones of 2018 above 12MP for the first time. Anyways, let's focus on the current generation models launching next week before worrying about the next year.